Filed Under: Uncategorized
Braids have woven their way into the runway scene as well as mainstream and are hotter than ever this season. Update your best braided look by conquering the one style that has forever eluded even the veteran braider — the Fishtail Braid. The Fishtail Braid gives the illusion of being difficult and complicated, when in fact it is one of the simplest forms of braiding. Orlando Pita, one of the decadeâ€™s most accomplished and influential hair stylists, favored this look at New Yorkâ€™s Fashion Week, and, along with high-end styling tool and liquid manufacturer, T3, is sharing the step-by-step technique so all women can easily create this look at home.
How to create the Fashion Week Fishtail look:
- Spray: Start with dry hair. Spray generously with T3 + Orlando Pita Elevate, this helps make the hair straight and shiny.
- Straighten and Smooth: Straighten the hair with the T3 SinglePass Straightening and Styling iron to make every strand perfectly smooth and straight.
- Part, Section, and Divide: Create a side part on one side of the head. Section a piece of your hair from the part to just behind your ear. Divide this piece into two equal portions.
- Fishtail Braid: Fishtail Braid down the side of the head. (See the photo for Instructions A-F)
- Tie: Secure the completed fishtail with an elastic.
- Other Side: Repeat the steps on the other side of your head.
- Finish: Once you have two completed fishtails that meet loosely in the middle of the back of your head, tie the two braids together in the back with a piece of sewing thread that matches your hair color. Cut the elastics out of the braids.